Volunteering is a great way to meet people, learn new skills and help to protect the special and valuable habitat of the Celtic Rainforests.
Whatever your interests and abilities, there is room for you to play your part. You will also find that there are huge benefits to you: useful skills and experience, increased knowledge of the habitat, meeting new friends, exercise and the satisfaction of knowing that you’re doing something to help.
As a volunteer for the Celtic Rainforests Wales project you will be helping us to deliver our targets which are to:
- conserve and enhance the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the Celtic Rainforests;
- control invasive alien species whilst enabling the woodlands to provide a host of ecosystem services;
- promote opportunities to understand and enjoy the Celtic Rainforests’ special qualities;
- playing an important role in protecting these woodlands for the benefit of future generations.
You can be confident that you will:
- have the training and equipment that you need for your role
- have supervision and work alongside experienced volunteers and regular staff
- be protected by the same health and safety regulations as paid staff
- receive travel expenses
- be involved in work that helps others to understand and enjoy the Celtic rainforests
What You Need To Bring:
- Warm work clothes
- Sturdy footwear
- Food and drink
You can volunteer as an individual or with a group, every workday, once a month or just once a year.
Under 18s – We welcome young people on our volunteer days, but please note:
- if you are under 16 you must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- if you are 16-17 you will need to have a parental consent form signed before you can volunteer alone.
We also welcome school / college group workdays. Please get in touch to arrange a suitable date and location for your group.
For further details, enquires and comments please contact the Project Officers at
Telephone: 01766 770274
Address: Snowdonia National Park Authority, National Park Office, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd. LL48 6LF
© 2019 - 2020 Celtic Rainforests Wales. All Rights Reserved
Subscribe to our Newsletter