Job Ref: SNPA 2020 010
Salary: £22,021 - £23,836 pro rata
If you are a Welsh and English speaking communications professional, this is an amazing opportunity to help save and protect Welsh rainforests, so they can be enjoyed for generations to come.
Snowdonia National Park Authority protects the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Snowdonia National Park. Covering 823 miles of diverse landscape, the Park is home to over 26,000 people, the highest mountain in England and Wales and the largest natural lake in Wales.
We’re working with a number of organisations to deliver the LIFE Celtic Rainforest project, a seven year programme with a budget of £7.5 million. This project aims to restore five Special Areas of Conservation, including the Atlantic Oakwoods of Wales.
We’re now looking for a part-time, bilingual Engagement Officer to join us, working 22.5 hours per week from April 2020 to March 2023. After this period, there will be the option to continue supporting the project until July 2025, working reduced hours of 18.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £22,021 - £23,836 pro rata
- Support an exciting project that aims to save Welsh native species and endangered habitats
- Join a talented team who are passionate about protecting Welsh wildlife
- Work from offices based in one of the UK’s most beautiful sites
As an Engagement Officer, you’ll deliver a range of initiatives to communicate the messages of the LIFE Celtic Rainforest project, raising awareness of the scheme and encouraging people to get involved.
In this exciting contract, you will:
- Deliver a programme of publicity and engagement events, including those targeted at schools
- Prepare, proofread and edit bilingual communications
- Create content for our social media channels, website and other project publications
- Build positive relationships with the press and co-ordinate PR activities
- Organise and facilitate volunteer training opportunities
To join us as an Engagement Officer, you will need:
- The ability to produce creative, factual, lively and exciting written and digital material in both Welsh and English, including the ability to adapt your style to meet the needs of the audience
- The ability to translate creative copy correctly from Welsh to English and from English to Welsh without losing the tone or focus of the piece
- Communications experience, including the ability to meet the needs of audiences with protected characteristics
- An understanding of National Parks, environmental and heritage issues and countryside management
- A degree (or equivalent) in communications or a related discipline
- A valid driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Communications Executive, Marketing Executive, Marketing & Communications Officer, Marcomms Officer, Content Executive, Content Officer, Bilingual Communications Officer, PR Officer, or Public Relations Executive.
This is a part-time role, working 22.5 hours per week until March 2023, with the option to work 18.5 hours per week from April 2023 to July 2025.
The closing date for applications is 10am on 27th March 2020.
So, if you want to support the success of a vital conservation project as an Engagement Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
For further details, enquires and comments please contact the Project Officers at
Telephone: 01766 770274
Address: Snowdonia National Park Authority, National Park Office, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd. LL48 6LF
© 2019 - 2020 Celtic Rainforests Wales. All Rights Reserved
Subscribe to our Newsletter